The Black Conveyancers Association (BCA) was formed in May 2005 in response to the historical inequalities in the conveyancing industry. As the only identifiable, credible black conveyancing organisation, this organisation is instrumental in advancing and representing the interests of black conveyancers nationally.
The BCA -
- ensures the continuation, growth and development of black-owned firms with specific emphasis on commercial and conveyancing practices;
- advances, promotes and represents the interest of members in all spheres of commercial law and conveyancing;
- builds capacity among black legal practitioners and provides training opportunities;
- initiates mentorship programmes for members; and
- establishes community outreach projects.